Admission and Exclusion Arrangements
Our current facilities allow for a maximum of 384 pupils and there are no plans to expand the school’s capacity. The maximum class size at Amherst is 32 pupils. However, applications for admissions into classes of already 32 pupils or more are subject to an appeal process serviced by Kent County Council.
Please click to view our Admission Policy
In recent years Amherst has been over-subscribed with prospective applicants, particularly at Year 3. In these circumstances priority is given to applicants on the basis of the following criteria:
- Children in local authority care.
- Year 2 children attending Riverhead Infants’ School.
- Current family association.
- Health reasons (supported by a doctor’s certificate).
- Distance from home to school.
For information regarding exlcusions please read our Behaviour Policy